[SGVLUG] 1-2U Rack Mount System for ~$500 Dollars?

Max Clark max at clarksys.com
Wed Dec 14 09:40:41 PST 2005

Hi all,

Companies like ev1servers.net have leveraged the incredibly low cost
towers (like this Dell - http://xrl.us/i724 Link to
configure.us.dell.com) to offer aggressive pricing on dedicated servers
with a rapid ROI in the revenue stream. This of course requires ample
low cost floor space which isn't readily available in Los Angeles.

This being said I am looking for a more dense form factor to better
maximize the fixed floor space cost. It seems that no matter how I cut
it an entry level 1U always seems to price at the $1,000 dollar mark,
which is more than I want to pay for this purpose.

Does anyone know a source where I can purchase a 1-2U form factor case
w/ a Celeron processor, 512MB Ram, and a single Hard Drive in the $500
territory?

Thanks in advance,
Max

--