[SGVLUG] questions about linux clusters

Jeff Carlson jeff at ultimateevil.org
Wed Dec 7 07:39:33 PST 2005

jmd wrote:
> thanks for the responses chris, ted and mike. i think i will just put it
> together and see what happens. the project is on hold since my ibook goes in
> for repair for the second time since i bought it on 09/29/05. (sees dustin
> laughing in the corner...) i was supposed to finish taking inventory on the
> last origins this weekend, and the following weekend i wanted to boot gentoo
> linux livecd on a 16 cpu origin. we'll see just how fast apple is this time.

My iBook has been in for repairs five times.  The fourth time, they
replaced it, and due to discontinuation of my original model, it got a
nice upgrade.  But the fifth time, it was out of warranty, and it cost
me about $250.  If it happens again, I'm going to smash it into little
pieces inside the Apple store, and I'll buy a ThinkPad or something.

If you still have the option and have not already done so, buy the
extended warranty.  I wish I had.  If you've already had to take the
thing in twice, I can almost guarantee you'll need it.