[SGVLUG] questions about linux clusters

jmd jmd8800 at charter.net
Tue Dec 6 21:02:16 PST 2005

Really, it depends so much on the application, and since you are doing
this for hobby purposes, I'd just put one together however you want it
and not worry about this stuff.

thanks for the responses chris, ted and mike. i think i will just put it
together and see what happens. the project is on hold since my ibook goes in
for repair for the second time since i bought it on 09/29/05. (sees dustin
laughing in the corner...) i was supposed to finish taking inventory on the
last origins this weekend, and the following weekend i wanted to boot gentoo
linux livecd on a 16 cpu origin. we'll see just how fast apple is this time.

i will be happy if any application runs on it in cluster fashion. hobbyists
have that freedom.

jeff

--
Chris