[SGVLUG] [OT] Slashdot my server!

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Dec 6 15:06:36 PST 2005

yeah -- a bit difficult in plain-text e-mail to give vocal emphasis to
words (though I still try to supply a /clue/ or two...)  "non-traditional"
migth fit better as the music is not a well-known carol [at least, not
well known to me ;) ]  And while it does come from a compilation intended
as a christmas album, the title suggests something different ["wizards",
in particular, has a closer associaion with the more pagan/sinister
"warlocks" and "witches" than christian ideals of "wise men and shephards."]

> It is refreshingly different and at least to Sandi
> and I, a most welcome addition to our holiday music collection. You
> haven't heard christmas music rendered quite this way before. Highly
> recommended!

Yes -- in fact, I'm going over my list a few times to figure out who I
should get these albums for, though I'm thinking I might just have to
arrange to "receive" it from santa...  [or just admit it was what I spent
my birthday money on... ;) ]

[elsewhere in this thread, from Brian]
> Well, they're playing tomorrow in San Diego at Cox Arena.
> $105 per ticket I believe.

did you notice they're actually playing multiple locations each day for
the next couple of weeks?  and while San Diego isn't quite L.A., neither
is Fresno [which is, umm, tonight I think...]  Too bad I'm so "busy" in
the evenings this week, otherwise I might have "arranged" for this [note
to self: mark on calendar for next year... tickets apparently go "on
sale" in mid October...]