[SGVLUG] water cooled cases.

Brian Belgarde bbelgarde at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 3 13:37:26 PST 2005

Agreed,

Your points are well-made. It's still a consumer case, and without a
dedicated backplane like pro servers, you'll have a certain minimum tangle
of cables when you get to multiple drives. Still, most business users have
just one drive, John's scientists not withstanding.

It also might be said that with multiple drives the wiring becomes a little
more difficult since SATA connectors usually extend just a little farther
than IDE connectors and these delicate wires can get close to the case
cover. If you use IDE cables, they have to be routed a little more carefully
because they have to twist a little oddly to get to the drives in this
position.

The punched logo doesn't bother me, but the case cover is a trade off
between a clean exterior look and easy access to the 5.25 bays.