[SGVLUG] Are there any oracle gurus on this list?

Hershel Remer unixrabbi at rabbs.com
Tue Aug 30 11:20:59 PDT 2005

BS"D

Our friend Michael made me laugh with this answer:

>> How easy (or difficult) is it to (a) install Oracle on linux, and (b)
>> actually USE oracle?
>>

> I am not a Oracle expert, but in general Oracle seems to be hard on perpose
> so that you have to hire a dba to manage it for you.

:=))

I haven't installed ORCL in many years, but I still recall how messed up the
installation was back then. One of the requirements was that X needed to be
running on the system. What kind of database needs X? This is a database, not
a windows manager!!! Please tell me that they fixed that.

-- the unixrabbi

Have you got a question about sex? Wondering about unix? or just curious why
the Jews were chosen and the rest of you Gentiles were not? Well, why not get
your answers from the Rabbi Rabbs himself at:
http://www.thedingdongshow.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=7 .