[SGVLUG] loverspy

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 16:48:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

Anyone heard of "loverspy"?

After reading an article in the la times,
I was attempting to figure out how to protect
against it.. (it attackes windows systems...)

here's part of the article - tho it doesn't
say HOW the egreeting card installs the
trojan. (I suspect yet another Fine result
of windows running programs which it shouldn't..)

best
matti

--- article ---

SAN DIEGO — A 25-year-old fugitive was indicted Friday for creating and
marketing a software program called Loverspy that allowed buyers to
snoop on former or prospective sweethearts by breaking into their
computers.

Four people who bought the program — available for $89 through a Texas
website — were also indicted and charged with unauthorized access to
electronic communications.

Loverspy allowed its users to learn about the e-mails, website visits
and passwords used on other people's computers by sending an
innocuous-looking electronic greeting card. Every keystroke on the
victims' computers was recorded.
[..]

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lover27aug27,1,1207222.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

---