[SGVLUG] trademark realities

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Aug 29 14:29:03 PDT 2005

[...]
> and I would agree that putting an attribution on the web site
> is a good idea.
> My suggestion would be to just put a (R) for 'registered
> trademark' next to
> Linux.
[...]

Well, in some ways this whole thing is a moot point anyway -- if folks would back up a few days ago, I pointed out that the "discussion" was leaning towards "it's the right thing to do", and the reality was that it took me maybe 5 minutes to add it to the templates and mambo database so that I never have to think about it again.  This can be seen on the test site, which I'd hoped we could move over to be "live" this weekend, but it appears signals were crossed [and I semi-lost a hard drive anyway...] so this particular item didn't advance.

Tom

--
Top o' the Blog: Too hot to handle
http://osnut.homelinux.net/mtblog/ya_index.html