[SGVLUG] Re: [going off-topic] Lightning strikes (was How does [linux trademark] affect user groups)

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:19:44 PDT 2005

> Another skew to the data points (though outside of your one-week sample) is
> Carl Mize:
>      "NOBLE, Okla. It's lightning striking again for an Oklahoma man. Carl
> Mize was hit in storms August fifth. But the electrical jolt is nothing new
> for him. This is the fourth time he's been struck. He was working with a crew
> on the University of Oklahoma campus, when they saw storms approaching. A
> co-worker familiar with his history retreated, saying "I'm getting away from
> you." The bolt struck soon after that. Mize spent four days at Norman
> Regional Hospital and he's well on the road to recovery. Other than
> complicating his heart condition and numbing his toes, Mize apparently is
> fine."

So that is so wierd but people who are struck by lightning are often
hit again and again at other times in the future.

Tom don't think that switching to a wireless mouse is going to help
that much. This is LA after all and we really don't have any
lightning, compared to the places that all the stories you pointed
out. As little lightning as we have you can just stop using your
computer when we have storms with lightning.