[SGVLUG] rpm list

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Aug 24 13:35:52 PDT 2005

g.net [mailto:sgvlug-bounces at sgvlug.net]On
> Behalf Of matti
> --- acidrein <acidrein at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > "rpm -q -a"  (query, all)
> >
> lol - thanks!!
>
> I was attempting "rpm -qa"!!!

Hmmm... I was about to suggest that actually -- most "gnu" oriented utilities allow you to group single-character options and "share" the leading hyphen, so "-qa" should be equivalent to "-q -a".

I was also going to point out that this is often piped through grep to find out if you have a specific package installed (and/or the version number) but it seems there is a problem with the SBC/pacbell network and I cannot log in to my home machine to generate examples.