[SGVLUG] Test site update -- mambo stuff

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 8 11:01:38 PDT 2005

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Martin Bähr wrote:

> i have been following this to see where you guys end up with this
> experiment. not many groups can afford to try a number of systems over a
> longer period to be able to decide which one they should go with.

Or at least not many have someone stupid enough to volunteer to install an
endless series of CMS packages. =8-O

> you may want to take this categorization and a few more anecdotes and
> opinions from those involved and put them up as a summary on the site to
> help others in their evaluation process.
>
> i have received usefull insight about the systems without having to look
> at them myself.

I hoped it would work that way.  I think at some point we should have a
joint presentation on the systems, though I confess that the details of
the installation (which would be my obvious area) are already blurring
into a haze of MySQL accounts and apache config pain.  I'm not sure if it
will be worth doing by the time we have a free month on the schedule.

Dustin