[SGVLUG] Linux Audio

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 5 15:16:01 PDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Douglas Burton wrote:

> Dustin wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Matt Mc Daid wrote:
> >

> >>Sorry if I missed an update, but is there any new info about this?
> >
> >Sure, we've got almost a dozen people interested, so it's definitely a go.
> >Jeff and I just need to find a good location.
> >
> We could use my company's office in Sylmar, although that might be too
> much of a drive for many (about 30 minutes from Pasadena). There is,
> however, plenty of space. I can open the building on a weekend (except
> this one) or keep it open one evening. I myself would prefer someplace
> in Pasadena, but if we can't find anywhere else...

Note that I'm Cc:'ing Jeff Carlson on this--preserve that if you can.

The other possibility I rounded up was Dr. Music (1812 Colorado Blvd. in
LA).  They are maybe 10 minutes down the freeway from Pasadena.  Being in
a music store with some recording facilities might have some advantages.
However, that is only a possibility--the person I spoke to said he would
run it past the boss and to call him back next Thursday.  That means we'd
have to wait another week, then *if* he says yes wait until the first free
date on their calendar (no clue how busy that is).  Your office is
definitely more attractive on that score.  However, Sylmar is some way
away.

Most of the people who expressed interest are here on the SGVLUG list, so
let's get a show of hands--how many people are willing to go to Sylmar for
a Linux Audio meeting?  Carpooling would definitely make sense--I could
take four more from Pasadena in my truck, for starters.

Dustin